Come join our team of passionate innovators and start as a Senior Network Engineer.
What to expect:
- Install, configure, and maintain firewalls, switches and routers.
- Design deploy and support enterprise network solutions.
- Implement approved routing policy changes and corrections to mitigate points of traffic congestion on the network due to planned or unplanned incidents.
- Perform all operational duties associated with the network environments, including VPN access, monitoring, network performance management, network security maintenance.
- Support complex application solutions distributed globally or locally.
- Participate in implementation of networking solutions to support major projects and new initiatives.
- Document scripting standards with written procedures, processes, diagrams, and other technical documents.
- Conduct an analysis of opportunities for the possible improvement of existing network infrastructure.
- Integrate network tools to improve the overall efficiency of IT operations and reduce downtime.
- Manage and report on assigned projects, tasks, and support cases.
- Design networks with an eye toward automation, optimized monitoring, and cascading of support to the lowest level possible.
To be successful you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Telecommunications or equivalent.
- 5 years of industry experience in Network Engineering is a must.
- Previous experience with the support of large enterprise and data center networks and in managing high-availability environments, including the industry’s data security-compliant networks.
- Experience with unassisted configuration and deployment of network components. Investigating faults and performance issues in the network.
- Outstanding analytical skills, with the ability to analyze complex situations and respond quickly to provide action plans to solve the problem.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching and VPN technologies, firewall.
- Strong IPv6 experience is a must.
- 4+ years of experience working with MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and other LAN/WAN technologies.
- Architect level certification with at least one of the following: Cisco (CCIE or CCNP) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required.
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco data center equipment – Nexus, Firepower, ASA, ASR, ISR, etc. Experience with at least one major network vendor (Cisco is preferred).
- Good understanding of IT Security, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Certificates, PEN tests, remediation processes, etc.
- Working experience with UNIX or Linux operating system environments.
- Previous experience with Zabbix monitoring platform and Splunk would be considered as an advantage.
- Team player with good coordination and communication skills, fluent verbal and written English is a must.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- You have experience in the field of IPsec, VLAN, VPNs, NAT, ACLs.
- You have good knowledge of network segmentation, firewall and VPN.
- Ideally, you have specialist knowledge in the field of communication technology and in the field of VoIP, SIP and QoS.
- Familiar with network security principles, tools, and best practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to explain highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Considered an advantage:
- AWS Certification – AWS Solution Architect Associate/ AWS Certified Advanced Networking will be considered a strong advantage.
- Experience in IT automation (Ansible) and at least one scripting language (Python/Perl), Knowledge of infrastructure as code approach and automation tools, CI/CD pipeline and Git (or other version control systems for tracking source code changes) will be considered a plus.
- Automate network monitoring and alerts triage as part of a proactive approach to maintaining a high level of service. Build reports to gain intelligence about the network and detect errors early.
LanceLot Telecom was established in 2008 and is a licensed operator in multiple countries in Europe and a GSMA Rapporteur member.
LanceLot focusses primarily on hybrid fintech solutions within the telecom industry. We own and operate fixed and mobile numbers and are active in many aspects of the digital ecosystem. Our customers around the globe benefit from our international reach and accessibility.
LanceLot runs it’s own mobile core network and is constantly developing new innovative hybrid services. Our enterprise services include a wide range of communication services and functionalities (SMS, voice, lookups, otp, api) available through multiple integration options.
We look forward to see you at LanceLot.
Apply now for Senior Network Engineer.
Ready to take the next step? Mail us your motivation and resumé and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
3511 ED Utrecht
P +31 203 22 33 44